It too ye forever to lace the edges… my old fingers cramp up. Those Tandy checkbook covers (used 1-1/2 precut kits from my stash of old supplies) come with cheap double-sided brown lace that feels too much like plastic, so I used some black one-sided Tejas lace… looks better, feels better.
The kits also come with precut pigskin lining. I used the precut pocket pieces, and cut another one down ye a half-inch to make an extra pocket for the back inside, on which I also cut a slit with dot punched ends for an ID or credit card. As you can see, I omitted the piece that is supposed to be adhered to the back side of the veg-tanned cowhide because (1) I don’t need it to be fully lined and (2) I’ve fully lined checkbook covers before and that thin lining adds a bit of bulk, also keeps the back from wear softness, and (3) I don’t really like it… this is a book cover for me, not a checkbook cover for someone else.
I like the pockets added to the front… they’re not even as one is sized for an ID or credit card. The tabs are for closure. I still need to get a couple shank buttons and two black elastic large-size pony tail holders… attached to the button shank, the elastic will slide through the holes, wrap all around and back over the button. If I can’t find pony tail holders large enough, then I’ll shop for black elastic cord to do the same thing… or, I could use some leather lace looped through the tab holes as a means to secure it. I still need to cut pages and make a blank book to fit inside.
Oh well… that’s where I’m at on this project. Thanks for reading!