Off to a slow start, considering that this was to be my Thanksgiving project. Back in November, I only got as far as dismantling a large, odd sized frame (a thrift shop find) and painting the foam core backing with black gouache to up-cycle it as the ground for a mixed media piece. The two large sheets of watercolor paper were untouched until last night, when an alternative plan came together. I cut them to meet ye halfway, then used watercolor pencils to lay down the first layer of color.
As for the original plan, it can wait. I have two of these frames… couldn’t pass them up at 8.50 USD each, as I know this type of metal frame would cost at least a hundred new. Just the glass would rack a pretty penny. If I had spare cash at the time, I would have bought the dozen or so of these frames. All had identical mass produced prints, so it is not like destroying art to reuse the frames.
The next few layers will be done in colored pencils… I will take it downstairs tomorrow, work on it in the community room, as it is a “Draw on Sunday” day for the new Arts & Crafts Society.
I need to hop a bus, go buy a couple pads of art paper for the ACS, so I best get going.
Thanks for reading!